Friday, November 9, 2007

VC presentation

Well-well (heh, that's my favourite word to start the blog post), it's been a long time since my last project update here. Meanwhile, I presented the idea to "investors board", but I was not prepared well, so mostly I showed my beleif into the project, emphasized the team and let people know me. I could do better of course, but at least I made a full stop of idea searching - Dream Yacht appeared.

Couple of days I spent searching in the internet all relevant information to understad supply of charter services (luxury and normal) and realize costs. Or at least receive benchmarks, cause your first projections never come true, but you need to know if the business is going to bring money.

Since it is study project, I made some assumptions about costs not to go deeply into details: crew salaries were considered as a part of Yaucht service, investments were brought to required amount and first calculations were made.

When I realized that from 5 mio of investments 1 mio went to cash, increased Yacht investments and gave up 1 mio of net income in 10 years.

Still,it is my personal record of making all the statements and markcap calculation within 40 minutes (of course, I had preliminary information and used templates from the other project), but still...

And presentation was made. Having in mind, that it is class exercise and I know "the investors", my aim was just to get people remember me.

All the files and slides will follow soon.

No comments: